Welcome to NMSU Albuquerque
Welcome to New Mexico State University Albuquerque Center! As New Mexico's land grant university, we serve the state's educational needs through quality education programs and outreach. The Albuquerque Center provides meeting, classroom, and office space at a location more convenient to New Mexico's northern population centers. The Centerís convenient location also provides outreach for recruiting, student orientation, alumni events, meetings, and conferences. The Center serves a non-traditional student population with degree programs otherwise unavailable in the area; further, we seek to serve the need for additional degree completion programs that will complement associate degree and certificate programs at regional community colleges.
We have offices for academic programs and faculty to expand current programs, develop new ones, offer critical services to students, and welcome other agencies to our space. This helps us build awareness that NMSU is serving the Albuquerque area.
Our programs. Degree programs at the Albuquerque Center satisfy a demand otherwise unmet in central and northern New Mexico. Technology based or fully online programs are available from NMSUís Las Cruces campus with academic advising and other support services offered at the Albuquerque Center.
- Master of Social Work (MSW).The MSW is an advanced generalist program leading to social work in multiple practice settings with Southwest populations. The College of Health and Social Services initiated this program in 2001.
Technology Based programs:
- Master of Public Health (MPH). Also from the College of Health and Social Services, the online MPH began in 2008 and is in high demand due to its delivery method; this is the only online program of its kind in the state.
- Educational Leadership Doctoral Program. Hybrid programs like this one are typically designed for working professionals. This program meets at the Albuquerque Center once per semester.
Student Services. Some services that we offer at NMSU main campus are also offered at the Albuquerque Center. These services are crucial for our students (present and future) and can help us build a thriving alumnus in the Albuquerque area. These offices include Undergraduate Admissions, Counseling Services, Student Accessibility Services, Veterans Program, University Communications, Technical Support and Albuquerque Center Administrative Staff, and New Mexico Department of Agriculture.
We strive to support our Albuquerque Center student population in the same manner they would be on main campus. The resources for students and faculty are consistent. In addition to academic and meeting space, the Center also provides support through:
Visiting from out of town? Download our list of area Restaurants and Hotels.
- NMSU Albuquerque Center
- (575) 646-0301 or (505) 830-2856| Fax: (505) 883-3235
- 4501 Indian School Rd. NE Suite 100
- Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Map)